Day 1- Well, I think we thoroughly scared her. Not completely though. I never realized how much learning about bodily functions would scare a two year old. She's getting the hang of it (kind of). After the first part of the morning, she didn't like just sitting on the potty watching movies. We checked on a friend's pet while they're away and she stayed dry the whole time. She did have some accidents, which is to be expected. We let her be outside for part of the day so if she didn't make it at least it wouldn't happen on the carpet. She wore panties for her nap and slept in Chris' chair and didn't have an accident at all! Penny's success rate was about 60-70%. No poop at all.
Day 2- Penny is not freaking out so much now. We put her on the potty first thing after she was up and here's what the conversation was: "What am I doing?" "Are you peeing?" "I'm doing it on my own. Dump it out!". What a great start to the morning. She had a better success rate and pooped twice in the potty. She is starting to enjoy flushing the big toilet when we dump it out.
Day 3- We made her go potty before Church and put a pull-up on her durning Church. During Church, she asked 2 times to go potty. She'd never been on a big potty before so she was a bit scared to say the least. I had to hold her with a big hug. She went 2 times on the potty at Church and then didn't make it once. We don't know if she needed to go during nursery because no one got us. I think we'll have to just pull her out every 30 mins or so until she can tell someone besides us. She LOVES flushing the potty. After Church, she went on the potty a few times without prompting from us and went. Sometimes she had gone and we didn't know until she would say "Dump it out". No poop today. I hope she doesn't get constipated. She did have a little fever after her nap but was still able to get up from laying on the floor to sit on the potty and go. Little accomplishments!
Day 4- She had 2 accidents but was aware that she needed to get to the potty and just didn't get there fast enough. Penny stayed dry for her nap again in panties, which is amazing to me because she takes one LONG nap (2-3 hours). Talked to the pediatrician today to see how long it's ok for her to go without a bowel movement- Kids have resilient bodies; I was told it can be up to a week and that's "normal" unless you can tell the child is in pain. All the fun things you learn when having a little one learning about themselves.
Wow a week? That's crazy! Sounds like things are going pretty well, good luck!
ReplyDelete