So, my lovely little girl keeps growing like a crazy little kid so she picked this pattern out and a bright pink fabric to use:
All in all, this dress wasn't too bad/difficult. The only "hard" part for me was the zipper. I'm a big fan of knits/pull overs. But off I went to do another zippered pattern. (How can I deny that cute little girl?) The directions were pretty straight forward. Although she is measuring about a size 4 on the pattern (mostly), we cut the length to a 6 so that she has length to grow. I did the lining for the sleeves but not the bodice because I was using a cotton that I felt didn't need the extra lining. Here's me working on a sleeve on my sister's machine:
I thought I'd get fancy and do a small top stitch around the sleeve after the lining was on and pressed so that it wouldn't pop up and out during wear.
Trying it on before I hem up the bottom to see how the fit was. It's a little loose but honestly, I'd rather it a little loose than too tight and not fit her:
*please note that in the directions, it does say to hem it way before this step but we've been having length issues (as she keeps growing like a weed!) so I wanted her to try it on so I would know for sure where it would hit. Getting ready to hem and giving me a pouty look:
All done (I want to apologize for the messy hair!). I took the hem up to about 1" below her knee. It's loose around the bodice but at one point we were nervous that once the zipper went in that it would be too tight to sit or move around.
Posing once again:
Aunt Mindy made her laugh:
Zipper in (I put the hook and eye in once I got home):
Front:
Back:
It takes one STRONG personality to wear this BRIGHT PINK dress.
I'll be making another pink dress, same pattern, for her that will be a little more muted than this. My sister got a new zipper presser foot that is AMAZING where you sew the zipper in and the fabric is on top when you sew it in. It was great! Now that I'm back home, I'll be working on a few more quilts ;)










No comments:
Post a Comment