Here's my latest and greatest project:
This was the original post I had pinned but obviously this isn't a full sized quilt
so I had to extend it across and down and this is what I came up with:
Pretty simple design as far as what kind of blocks to make- Half square triangles. These are my FAVORITE because they go so fast. You take on white square and one color square and put right sides together. Then you mark with a pen or whatever you want down the middle of the back, corner to opposite corner, and use that as your line to follow with your 1/4" presser foot. So, you get 2 blocks from each set of two.
Pairing up the white blocks with the blue:
Stacking them up as I draw a line down the middle:
Chain piecing them all:
Finished chain piecing and putting like blues together so I could lay them out without having two of the same fabric next to each other:
Blocks cut in half:
Half of it laid out:
All laid out on the floor (old house):
All bagged up for the move:
All pinned up on the design wall (new house):
*I had already sewn about 7 rows before the move*
All blocks sewn into rows:
Quilt top made and pressed:
I decided to keep the quilting simple on this quilt by outlining the inside of the white stripes:
I laid it out mid quilting and feeling good about it:
The quilting went well. I, then, added the red binding on and
used my new clips to hold the sides down as I did the top binding:
These are AMAZING, LIFESAVER clips. My loving mother sent me home with them
(along with a suitcase full of fabric so keep an eye out for more quilt projects):
This is after the binding was ALL DONE and the quilt laid out on my (*queen sized*) bed :
(pre-wash)
I think this turned out phenomenally!
Here is after being washed (front view):
Close up:
Back view:
Close up:
I love how on the back, the quilting stands out and are clean lines. I really lucked out because I found a sheet that was the right size and color for this quilt so I didn't need to piece the backing (which also helps the quilting look amazing because there are no other distracting lines). It's being shipped out first thing tomorrow morning to it's new home!




















And you did this al on your very basic little Janome!!!! No big frame used for this full size quilt!! Love that 505!!! Great job!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete