Here I sat, with my legs elevated on the couch, knee wrapped up so much that it looks like football padding, compression tights on. I was not allowed to unwrap my knee until I see the surgeon. I am allowed to put full weight on it. I could attempt to bend it but because of the padding I really couldn't. I took 3 Vicodin the first day- once when I got home, once in the afternoon when it was bugging me again, and once before bed so I could sleep and not worry about pain. The surgeon took out a "big" (he said that not me) piece of cartilage from behind my knee, took care of a meniscal tear, and one other thing (being drugged when they tell you what they did isn't too helpful).I am now able to walk around with few problems (pain sometimes, going down stairs HURTS, etc.). I feel so luck to have gotten this done and to move forward from this. I still have to do physical therapy for a month to get it back to normal (being able to bend down at the side of the tub to give Penny a bath among other things). I'll have it on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the next 4 weeks around lunch time starting this Wednesday. I am very grateful for a friend who immediately said she would watch Penny on Wednesdays for me.
Penelope has learned a fun new trick. She has been climbing up on the furniture for a while but now she's getting adventurous and trying to climb up on the dining room table chairs (which have little rockers on the back). Today, she tried going up and fell down (Yes, on the tile). I hope she learns not to do that any more.

what's the writing on your leg?
ReplyDeleteIt says "Yes" and then the Dr's initials. I guess there have been a lot of lawsuits because things were done to the wrong limb so now they make you sign it and the doctor sign it so there's no question about it.
Delete