Monday, June 25, 2012

Ultrasound Photos

Here are my favorite ones:

This is the baby and the heartbeat measurements. It was 160 beats per minute at this appointment. 


They measured the baby at this appointment because at my last OB appointment the baby was measuring larger than what we initially thought. So, they actually found at this appointment that the due date can be moved up 5 days (initially it was going to be Dec 27th and now it's the 22nd).

I've been feeling pretty good lately. There are some moments where something I eat doesn't agree with me but that's going to happen no matter what. I see the doctor next week for what I call my "pat on the head" appointment, where the doctor asks how I'm doing, uses the doppler to check the heartbeat, and sets up the next appointment. I can't help but think back to how I was at this point while pregnant with Penelope. I think at this point I was back from the hospital and barely fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans. I didn't have to buy pregnancy clothes until I was 6 months along. I don't know if it's because this is my second or because my body is in a healthier place but I do have a little bit of a bump. My regular jeans aren't fitting and I don't have any capris that I can wear while pregnant. So, I had to go out and buy capris. The problem I found though is with the clothes that are "small", "medium", or "large" is that I'm in-between sizes. Chris recommended that I go for the bigger size and hope that I "grow" into it. Part of me is scared to "grow into" anything.... But I know that even though my weight has been the same for a few weeks my body is changing (pants not fitting along the top). What can you do?

I'm having a hard time figuring out if I'm feeling the baby move or it's my intestine digesting the last meal. Is that bad?? Any suggestions to tell the difference? I feel like I know what I'm feeling for but I don't know if it's too early to be feeling the baby. They (the internet) says with your second you can feel the baby move sooner. With the first, you start movement around 16 to 25 weeks but with your second you can start feeling movement by 13 weeks. Not sure. But I'll keep telling myself that it could be the baby moving :)

I'm not going to post bump pictures until I feel like it's enough to say "Hey, that's a baby bump" and not "You're just looking like you're getting fat, not pregnant".  I know people wouldn't say that but I still feel like it's just fat for now.

Well, I'll keep everything posted here for how things are going. Later!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new baby!! I haven't talked to your mom in a month or so- so I hadn't heard the news :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just started telling people this last week or two so it's fairly recent news. We are excited!

      Delete