Monday, July 23, 2012

Our Growing Babies

No- I'm not pregnant with multiples. Penelope is consistently growing much faster than I would like. And my belly is starting to grow a bit more now too (although I'm still trying to gain back the 16lbs I lost at the beginning slowly). The baby is approximately the size of a mango at this point (nice visual right?). I feel pregnant more and more as I take care of Penny during the day- lifting her is getting a little uncomfortable, we both are taking naps during the day (I forgot how exhausting making a baby was), I'm not dressing Penny up as much as I used to (partly because of the heat though too, not just my laziness), and unless I'm going out of the house I'm in Chris' exercise shorts during the day (ok, I went to the store in them once too).

I have to give Chris some credit: the house is getting manageable with his help. I had felt that it was up to me to keep things orderly but have since given up on that dream. Chris is such a help with the housework. We've decided to make one of the bedrooms a play room to keep the toys in, which will make the living room easier to manage. It's just a matter of getting that room prepped for it. Some days, I wish I had a magic wand to get things in an ideal place but no such luck. Chris and I work a little at a time on Saturdays to sort through boxes and moving things around. Maybe I'll do a couple before and after shots as we get the play room ready for Penny and baby 2.0.

I'm off both nausea medicine now and have been doing pretty well. I have to be careful with the heat though and certain cheeses. Those are still my triggers. I was curious why I've been getting heat rash a lot during this pregnancy and I finally read somewhere that the hormones from being pregnant are doing it. I think last time, because we had an a/c, I didn't get any heat rash last time as well.

Penelope has learned to hang off the kitchen island. Let me help you visualize it- she grabs the edge of the island/counter and pulls her legs up and sees how long she can hold herself in the air. She also loves climbing up the ladder on the jungle gym type thing we have in the yard. She is very daring and lives on the edge. I have learned to watch her be adventurous and know her limits. Chris is good about having her solve her problems (which leg or arm to put where when).

I wanted to finish this post before tomorrow because it's my birthday tomorrow and I'll be a little occupied. This'll be the first year we really do something for my birthday. We're going to have a couple friends over for ice cream cake with ice cream (you can NEVER have too much ice cream). I'm also going to be getting my hair cut and posting pictures of before and after for comments. Right now, it's just thick and long so I mostly have it up or back when people see me. We're also getting ready for the ultrasound to find out if we're having a boy or girl next week. I hope you all stay tuned for that wonderful post next Monday or Tuesday.

Well, sleeping beauty just woke up. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment