So, Penelope is still full of energy lately. She's still bobbing between 1-2 naps a day. On days like Sunday it's one nice long nap of almost 4 hours (nursery really wears her out). On weekdays, I try to get her to take two shorter naps so I can get a nap or two in as well. It doesn't always work out the way I hope but what in life does? For the most part, she's sleeping through most of the night.
I met with my OBGYN this past week for a check-up on the baby- the heartbeat was 158 beats per minute with no problems finding it this time around. We went over my due date again because it's still something that could fluctuate. She said that she's happy that some doctors aren't Christian because she takes Ramadan and another doctor takes Christmas. If I deliver between the 23rd and 26th, she won't be my delivering doctor again. But if the baby comes before or after that, she will be (not that I care when it comes to delivery- just get the baby out). She noticed that my weight was down 4 pounds from when I saw her a month ago. Thankfully, she's not worried because I'm getting sick less and starting to be on the up swing with food. But I'm still feeling pretty good with this baby. We'll find out in the next couple weeks if it's a boy or girl.
I've been feeling a little out of the loop lately with being in nursery now instead of the regular block of Sunday School and Relief Society. We've had a lot of families move in the ward in the last 5 or so weeks and I feel like I don't know what's going on. I was the kind of person who was in the know and could help others figure out who was who once they moved in. It's made me think a lot about trying to get out and meet new people. I'm always going to the park with a group of moms from Church once a week but I don't feel like I get my social fill for the week (because we don't get out much more than that unless we're invited somewhere). It's been making me feel a little lonely in the last few days. I'm trying to think of how to solve this (just try to think like a guy, right?). I think my best option is to reach out and see who want to do play dates during the week. It can feel awkward making that first step though. We'll see what happens and how this can get this better.
Watch your mail- hopefully you will find a well-timed present!
ReplyDelete