Monday, August 13, 2012

My growing bump

I haven't really gained that much (I'm still at a -5 lbs from what I lost in the beginning) but I feel HUGE! My mom says it's because Penelope did the hard work of stretching my tummy last time that this time it's a piece of cake (cake sounds good right about now...). Anyways, I knew I should take another bump photo because most of my family is far away and they don't get a chance to see me. So here it goes:


So, from the front view, it's not so bad. You can't tell too much unless you're standing right in front of me in person. But take a look at that side view.... Makes me feel SO BIG. To give you a sense of how big I am, I will tell you of my shopping experience with my sister as part of our girls day out. I just bought this shirt and top in the last few days (this past Friday in fact). The sales woman at the store said she didn't realize I was pregnant until I said something (which made me a little sad that she thought I was this big normally). Anywho, I am usually a large or extra large in shirts depending on the brand and cut. Well, this shirt isn't maternity so I was expecting to go to the extra large.... not so. I had to get an XXL for the shirt. This made me a little nervous when I was looking at their skirts that I would feel poorly about them as well. This skirt is a large... and it's WAY loose. It has an elastic-y waist so I can wear it during and after I have the baby. So there you have it: an XXL on top and a L on bottom. Talk about feeling huge. To try to make me feel better, my sister told me that the shirts run a little small because she usually wears a small and she had to get a medium so it wasn't sticking to her. So maybe it's the cut of the shirt, who knows.

Well, it's off to have some lunch for me. Enjoy these pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you definitely look pregnant from the side, that's for sure! I don't think you look XXL haha, I would trust your sister on the shirt size. I think you look great! Good update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it was not to make you feel better. They really did run a full size small.

    ReplyDelete