I feel like so much has happened because time is going so fast. Is it because I'm getting older or because I'm chasing an almost 2 year old around?
Things have been going so much better during this pregnancy. The only times I get sick is when it's stress induced (so once or twice a month). The doctor is really happy with my progress with my weight- only down a few pounds from when I started. These are the easy appointments that I don't mind bringing Penny with me. All we do is listen to the heart beat, she measures my tummy, and asks if I have any questions or concerns. Towards the end, Penny will need to be somewhere else. My energy is kind of low towards the middle to the end of the day but that seems pretty normal.
Penny has been learning so much (my cute little sponge). She loves to sing to herself. The other day, I was putting her in her carseat and she started sining "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Today during nursery, she was singing "Sunbeam". It's adorable. Penny is also putting phrases together from stories like "5 monkeys jumping on the bed". It's times like those that I hope I'm getting as much as I can to her to absorb. Penny loves playing outside. Her favorite thing is now to say "climb up dada" which is basically telling Chris she wants to climb up him and then he kind of plays horsey with her (but they call it "yucky apple" because he goes over to the tree and tosses the bad asian pears to the side).
Well, as time goes faster I realize how much we still need to prepare for this new little boy coming. I feel like my list grows and doesn't get done. This week, we had a bit of a set back. A pipe burst in our master vanity outside the master bathroom. The landlord came over that night to take some pictures so they would know what exactly to tell the plumber and get an idea of the carpet problem. So, the carpet of about half the master bedroom was wet and we were bound to sleep on the couches in the living room. I have to say, we have great landlords. They got a carpet guy out to the house the next day to take out the padding and lift the carpet over the bed frame and basically moved all the big furniture out of there. I felt bad that I couldn't help him move anything. I was very grateful to be able to call our home teacher to have him help Chris move the mattress out of the room the night before. Then the plumber came and looked at me after he looked at the pipe and said 'you didn't hear this burst?". See, we keep the bedroom doors closed during the day except Penny's and so it either happened while we were at the park or after we were home. The landlord came over while the plumber was here to take a look at what the carpet guy had done. I think we were all really happy and grateful that we have cement under the carpet and padding instead of wood- it only took 24 hours to dry. The carpet guy came back the next night with dry padding and then cleaned the carpet. I think that's going to be the cleanest our room will ever be for a while. We then had some friends over the next night for pizza and playing outside while the husband and Chris moved the heavy mattress and bookcase back into the room. I think the silver lining to this whole thing was the bed got to be moved over more so we can have a place for the gliding chair in our room for when the baby comes.
We're still in the process of putting things back into the master bedroom from the other rooms that they got displaced in. It's not that bad and we're really happy that we had the extra rooms to be able to put the things in in the first place. But we're SO happy to be back in our own bed instead of the couches. Speaking of which, I think the bed is calling my name. I'll be back sooner than later!
No comments:
Post a Comment