Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun Words

I am so grateful for all the help that we've been given (dinners for 3 nights and lending a teenager to help me watch Penny while I was medicated). One of the things I have been extremely grateful for is the friend who watched Penny overnight while I was in the hospital. Since being home, I have noticed Penelope has picked up a couple new words and actions. She has learned the word "uh-oh" which was really cute to notice. She took a piece of food from her highchair, dropped it on the floor, looked down, and then said "uh-oh". I looked at Chris and said "She didn't learn that from me". He then told me she did that the night before and thinks she picked it up while she was at the sleepover. She says it so seriously too :) The other word/action she is doing now is "more" with the sign for it. When I picked Penny up, the friend asked if we did signs with Penny and I said we hadn't. She mentioned that her 4 year old would walk up to Penny while she was eating and say "More?" with the sign. I guess she did it enough times while there that it stuck. Penelope was already saying "more" but it's cute to see her do the sign for it when she says it too.

Off the top of my head, here are some frequent words Penny says during a typical day: mama (referring to me- at first it was just a word to say), dada (which now means dad- it used to mean anything and everything), more, uh-oh, up, juice, noodle, 'tato (potato), apricot (although when she says it, it isn't exactly the same), sandwich, berry, banana, down, moon, monkey, elephant, milk, night, duck, quack (she says "googa"), poopoo, baby, bird, car, diaper, shoes, pants, arm, toes, nose, ears, mouth, tongue, brush just to name a few. Now, some of the words aren't exactly how you and I would say them but in the conversation and situation you know what she means.

She has her 15 month check up in the next week. It's going to be a fun filled doctor month for the two of us (well, mostly me with her appointment there at the end). I have my follow up for the surgeon who took out my appendix and for my knee surgeon to take a look at the MRI and to schedule when I'll have surgery on my knee. My poor husband wants to give me hugs and he has to be gentle now (because of where the holes are) and then he'll have to be careful around my knee soon.

I am so grateful for those who have been helping me out and for my loving husband who picks up any slack I have at the end of the day.

Well, it's about time to put my little girl to bed. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment