I'm sure we've all had them- the days where we're running around to get everything done or taken care of. For me, today was that day. I went to the dentist while friends watched Penny for our "Park days" inside today and then got in to see a doctor today about my knee. Penny took naps before going to "Park days" and after going to the doctors. I am so grateful for her naps and for friends to watch her while I get my mouth poked and cleaned. The dentist said everything is looking better and I set up my next appointment. The doctor got to hear my knee's life story. It was kind of intense to keep track of everything in a proper timeline. The good thing is that he heard me and I'm having an MRI done to see if there's any cartilage problem and then take it from there. I wasn't nervous to go on the doctor's scale (which is a BIG deal for me). I have lost almost 10 lbs!
We went to San Francisco last Saturday (which is partly what prompted me to go to the doctor this week) and got to have a grand time. We walked over 6 miles. It was a good start and made us realize how much we need to work on getting ready for our 5K. We're doing our nightly walk every other night at this point. I thought Penny would love Pier 39 but by the time we got there, she had fallen asleep. We really enjoyed taking the CalTrain. It was so much better than trying to find a parking spot and then dealing with traffic. Penny slept well that night :) And as an added bonus, Penny didn't burn and I only got a little burn on my cheeks. We walked through Chinatown and stopped at Gharridelli chocolate. I think I know the route I want to take next time we go up.
Sunday was my cousin's husband's birthday so we went down for that. Unfortunately, Penelope got sick towards the end of dinner. We have our suspicions as to what caused this event. Plus, she bonked her head on the floor a couple of times. I have been smart and packing 2-3 outfits in the bag for her. I never want to take my chances with that and diapers when we know we're going to be out all day.
Tomorrow, I'm getting my pass for the Apple gym and then working out a schedule to make it happen. I may have found a friend to swap babysitting with. I hope this will help my progress to loose more weight. I'm slowly creeping back to the weight I was when Chris and I were dating.
Here's a fun question: to get bangs or not to get bangs? I had them when I was much younger but I have been tossing the idea around again in my head. If I do it and they don't turn out right, I have to wait for them to grow back as I would keep them pulled back. If I do and they look good, then I may be able to maintain them by myself. Oh the dilemmas of the evening. Plus, Chris doesn't really care.
Well, I need to get my computer to upload pics from San Fran to show you how much we enjoyed ourselves.
I've always liked your look with bangs!! jmo!! You are doing great with your "getting fit" project!!! I have every confidence that you can do it!!!
ReplyDelete