Thursday, January 19, 2012

Better late than never

WOW! This has been a crazy couple of days. Let me start by saying how much I love Penelope: I love her no matter if she's happy, sleepy, or sad. Penny has been having a rough time. When she cries for just being set down on the ground at the park or screaming like a banshee or being cuddly at night I still love her. I keep telling people when they ask that she's just sensitive right now. I keep going through the list like I said in my previous post and I just can't figure it out. She is not herself. So, we're going to see the doctor tomorrow to see if it's her teeth or her age or (worst case) an ear infection. Sometimes I feel like a bad mother because I don't know what's wrong but I understand that no one is perfect or can know everything. This picture pretty much sums up how Penny has been doing:



Chris is busy at work.

I have been trying keep track of my calorie intake via a cool app (my fitness pal). The only hard part I'm finding is when I do my exercise (walking in Target for an hour) it's hard to guess how many calories I've burned. I am also using a DVD from Denise Austin (10 5-minute workouts) which is great for when Penny is napping so I can adjust how many I do and where I target. I must be doing something right because I'm down 1lb. Hopefully this will be a continual process. I know that slow and steady wins the race so don't any of you worry. I have up graded my diaper bag to a purse that can fit the essentials for Penny (only 3 diapers, pack of wipes, 1-2 outfits, snacks, sippy cups, and a few other things) along with my things (wallet, phone, iPod, keys). I really like it (especially because it was on clearance at Target). I've been dealing with sinus' going on (headache, runny nose) which is making taking care of a screaming child a little more difficult (trying to be more patient with her).

Well, I will defiantly post tomorrow to let you know how the Dr appointment goes. I hope they can figure this out.

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel like a bad mom. I was just talking with someone the other day about what a good mom you are to Penny -- so attentive, and so wrapped up in that little girl. I think you're a great mom.

    Also, don't feel like you're not a good mom for not knowing exactly what's wrong. I always chafe when I hear someone say, "Good mommies just know." I think good mommies know when something is wrong, but we usually don't know exactly what the problem is.

    Keep us posted on what's bothering Penny. I hope she's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope she's feeling better. btw, i noticed the screaming pic was taken at my house--mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. another thought--could be an age thing. they come & go with the "clingy"-ness/separation issues.

    ReplyDelete