Well, Penny slept so well Sunday night into Monday. I partly blame that on us being out so late Sunday night. We were invited to a game night. I watch and enjoyed it while Chris enjoyed playing. Monday, I was able to help get lunch preparations ready for a Mom's Morning Out that someone does at Church for us.
Last night was rough- something just didn't agree with me. I still don't know what it was that set it off but I'm sure that's not how Chris envisioned midnight going. He was already up on his computer (I don't know if it was because Penny was making noise or if he couldn't sleep). I prepared myself for what might happen by calling out to Chris "Can you grab my hair clip from the coffee table?". I am feeling better though and went about my day today like normal.
Mom's Morning Out was fun with a great lesson. For the first time, I left Penelope in with the other kids for a nursery type experience. I had to let them know that I brought Penny a sandwich because they normally do peanut butter and jelly and I haven't exposed Penny to nuts yet. Thankfully, they brought her in toward the end of the lesson and said they saw her with a sandwich and took it away which made her sad (but she wasn't sad or crying when they brought her in). She ate her sandwich in peace and then while we were having lunch, I sat her in her bumbo and let her eat and I gave her her sippy cup with milk. I didn't notice immediately but while she was drifting off while drinking. It was quite funny to watch but I quickly took her out and held her in my arms while she drifted away while drinking her milk. It was cute.
Yesterday, I finished my book for book club this week!! I really enjoyed listening to it. The book is called Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people who liked The Help because it seemed to be around the same time period and was just as enjoyable.
So after my morning being rough, Chris was feeling a little bad that he was going to be going on splits with the Elders. Thank goodness they sent me a text to say a last minute meeting was going to be at the same time so they had to cancel. So, tonight Chris will be home and we'll have something nice for dinner. Penny will hopefully be a joy to deal with tonight.
Well, I'm off to get Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment