Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Starting a blog...

Well, here it goes. I'm going to ween myself off of Facebook and do this instead. This is mostly going to be about how our Penelope is growing and developing and also a place where I can write what I'm thinking and not worry about being judged for it.


Penelope is just over a year old now and is becoming an independent girl, which we love. She can walk and is a big babbler. Last night started out great with her: we made sure she was full so she wouldn't wake  up hungry in the middle of the night again and she fell asleep in my arms (which she typically doesn't do). We thought we'd be smart and go to bed early as well (915). Well, the cries started coming at 1145pm. As a parent, you go through the check list of why the baby is crying- She didn't need a diaper change, she didn't need her pacifier, she didn't want food, it might have been her teeth coming in. Then the realization came that she was burning up. We were kind of expecting this at the end of the week due to her chicken pox vaccine given to her at her last doctors appointment. But oh boy was it going to be a night. I started off by giving her a small dosage of tylenol and rocking her. Penelope was crying "Mom, I don't want to be held or rocked". All three of us came into the living room where I double checked her temperature (just over 101) and then put her on the floor to play. And play she did. You would not have known that this child even had a temperature. She was playing and having a good old time. I finally got her in a mood to sit on my lap to watch the movie Up. By 1am, I was putting her back down into her crib and going back to bed. I hope we won't have a repeat of this tonight.


Chris is staying busy at work. Usually, that's about all he can say to me about it. But thankfully, he loves what he does.


I am finishing up a book for a book club called Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. It's pretty good. So far I would recommend it for anyone who wants a good book to read. I have to admit though, I'm not reading it- I'm listening to it.  Having a little one makes it harder to sit down and be able to just have a good read. Plus, having my glasses on for a while gets annoying to me. I'm working on getting more fit or at least staying within a certain calorie count. I'm working on adjusting Penny's naps so I can try to get a workout in or clean the house. Sometimes the cleaning bug happens before I think of working out. But I want to get down from the size I am to where I was when Chris and I were dating. We'll see how it goes.


Well, until tomorrow!


Alisa

4 comments:

  1. I would recommend changing the background. I had a hard time reading it, and am sure others would as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally have internet back up today and found you!! If this is the same background that Melody is referring to, my old eyes are loving it! And that's even before an eye exam!!! Very cute name for your blog too! I now have you on my blogger dashboard so I'll be able to keep up with you more easily than with facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different before. Chris and I had to go through a few different ones before we got this one that looks soooo much better.

      Delete
  3. very nice! btw, as far as workouts...let me know what kind of stuff you're interested in. i have a bit of stuff and maybe some recommendations.

    ReplyDelete