Something I'm working on is making our wedding album. Our 4 year anniversary is this year and it's something that I really want to do. Looking back at our engagement photos and wedding pictures I've become disappointed in myself. I know my body has had a baby and it's still working on bouncing back from it but it doesn't stop me from being hard on myself. I have some major weight to loose and I am trying to make an effort to get back in shape. I've got an app to record my calorie intake and once a week I've been doing a workout video that has 10 5 minute workouts that target specific areas. It's been working out pretty good because Penny isn't taking consistent naps as far as how long they are. I really want to step it up but it's kind of hard. Every morning after I drop Chris off at work I go into Target (if Penny isn't asleep) and walk around and get what I need but I figure I'm walking around for about 40 minutes. Our elliptical is kind of squeaky so whenever I get on it when Penny is napping it wakes her right up. I've had a suggestion from someone to join the Y because they also provide child care (which is what I really need). Chris is a little hesitant at the idea because he wants to make sure I'd be committed to going often. Only time will tell how I will be able to accomplish this goal of mine.
Chris has been working hard at work. They like him enough to keep him busy.
Well, until tomorrow!
my suggestion, and hope i don't offend or come off snobby sounding, just based off my exercise experience off & on these past 9 years, is try doing the workout dvd every other day. say mondays, wednesdays, fridays(or whatever works for you). and i'm gonna ask, is the walking like every day? one that i like for cardio when the kids are little & they(and the weather) are none too cooperative is the walk away the lbs by leslie sansone(at target--your favorite store) & strap the youngest in the baby carrier. if you want, let me know & i can put something together for you as far as a workout plan. i think i may even have in one of my many exercise folders a mommy & me type one where you exercise with the baby instead of using weights. so you'd get your bonding time w/penny but also a workout at the same time.
ReplyDeleteOh, I know I should be doing it more often. It's just the start and I'm trying to build up to more frequently. The walking happens about every other day. The problem I have with workout videos for cardio (and toning legs) is my knees. They make this HORRIBLE sound (you can ask Chris about it) which is why I'm trying to find a doctor so they can recommend something for me to do. I know that loosing weight will help it but there are things I can't do in workouts. For example, I can't do lunges or squats because of the joint being bent. I am going to try adding a cardio DVD with Denise Austin (personal training system). I already have TONS of DVDs to choose from (including the Mommy and Me). I don't know how cooperative Penny would be while I worked out if she was attached. She's a mobile girl so I've found the only way I can have her involved is if we go walk to the park (a little under a mile each way) but that's when weather permits. Since starting this blog, I'm down 2 lbs. I also feel like if Chris had our Wii set up I could be doing our Wii Fit that we have too. But alas.
Deleteemail or call me.
ReplyDelete