Friday, January 20, 2012

Felling a little better...

We had a long night with Penelope. Because she's been clingy, crying, and generally moody, she hasn't been eating like she normally does. So it just makes sense that she would wake up at 1135pm wanting food. Thankfully, Chris is a sweet guy and determined that on his own and make her some food. After eating, changing, and burping, we were able to put her back down. Fast forward to 4am (okay, not really that long after): she wakes up crying. In my head I go "you're not hungry, you don't need to be changed therefore I will give you tylenol". I didn't give her a full dosage (mostly because I want to know how little I can give to relieve the pain). I go back to bed and lay there knowing that this is not going to work. Sure enough, Penny starts crying like crazy at 430am. I would be too if I woke up at 430am but I digress. I go get her and say to her "I know you're not hungry; I know you don't need changing. So let me cuddle you while we watch Tangled". About 40 minutes in she's really cuddly and obviously is tired. We then decide she can go back to bed along with us going back to bed. Thankfully she didn't wake up again until 725am. Chris was already up checking on things at work and made her a bottle. We noticed after she was done with her morning bottle, she was crawling around, chatty, and playful. In my head, I go "You stinker. You choose the day we're going to see the doctor to be happy?". We saw the doctor this morning. I go over the fun list of what Penny has been like this week. The doctor listens to her heart and lungs- everything checks out there. We then go to her ears. Her left ear is clear and fine but there's a very small amount of fluid in it. Not enough to be concerned about or enough to be able to give her something. The doctor then goes to Penny's mouth (where she is still getting 2 bottom molars). The doctor says unless Penny spikes a fever again (because Monday's was due to the chicken pox vaccine) there's really nothing we can do. The upside is though that she's in a happier mood. Let's hope this just fixes itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment