Sunday, January 22, 2012
A Rainy Sunday Afternoon...
Well, I think it may have stopped but it was a nice change (Actually, it's been raining for a few days). Penny was all dressed up nice a cute today for church. She got TONS of complements on her walking skills and her dress. I have a Target addiction... Let me explain it better: It gets dark here before 630pm so I don't like Chris riding his bike to work until it stays lighter out later. So I drop him off and pick him up from work. No big deal for me really because Penny enjoys the car ride (or sometimes will fall asleep for her morning nap) or Penny and I get to go into Target. If she falls asleep just as we have dropped Chris off, he tells me. If not, we got to Target mostly to wear her out. So there are certain sections where I KNOW they have clearance stuff (that way I don't feel as bad if I find something I like for her to possibly get). This silver dress was 50% off! The thing I realized today that I didn't think through was it has circles on the outer layer that have glitter on them. Yes, that means I was constantly brushing off glitter from my shirt and skirt today. But she was SO cute! I couldn't help myself. And I know she was cute by what happened during the third hour of church. Penny has been having a rough time being not loud during Relief Society. So we go out to the hall and I walk her around (I make her doing some walking). Today, we were in the foyer by the nursery. Well, one of the kids threw a ball out into the hallway. Penny saw it and booked herself over there! I sat down next to her and we were playing with the ball. The nursery doors are opened and have baby gates in the doorway. Lined up against the gate were 3 little boys (If you're in the ward, here are which boys: Caleb, Andrew, and Everett). They were leaning against the gate so hard that it came crashing in on top of them. It was so cute; I wish I had a camera. She is going to be a heartbreaker, I know it. Penny overall seems to be in a better mood. In fact, Penelope and Chris are taking their Sunday afternoon nap. We got a lot cleaned up yesterday. We still have to finish up cleaning our bedroom. The office looks a lot better and so does Penny's room. I had to do another sort of her clothes on what fits her now and pack up what doesn't. I think I'll need to buy another container soon to put stuff she doesn't use and can't fit into anymore. I have a pretty packed week full of planning for our 10yr old primary girls activities, visiting teaching, book club, girls night out, and mom's morning out. I'm getting tired just thinking of everything going on. But I so need it. I love getting out of the house and doing things. It was too wet to go to the park yesterday or else I would've been all over that. Chris is very much a homebody during the weekend. We're so different in that respect. He wasn't like that when we lived in Ohio. We both think it's because Chris worked from home in Ohio and I would be out at my job. So, he was more willing to go places when I got home from work than he is now. All he wants to do on Saturdays now is "nothing". He knows it's not going to happen or will rarely happen but that's what he would rather do. As the weather gets better, he would love to go to the park with Penny. For Christmas, he and Penny go a kite that looks like Nemo (a clown fish). I'm sure they'll have fun with it as weather permits. Well, I should try to get a Sunday nap in too before it's too late. I've only got 5 chapters to listen too before Thursday night too so until tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We had nice cold weather this morning with thick ice coating the windshields of the cars! What fun to scrape off!! (NOT!!) But I'm tired of the rain here in Ohio so I'm happy to send it out to you!!
ReplyDelete