Well, I felt like I needed to write again today because funny things have been happening. Let me start off with a little back story: We moved into this house last August and every once in a while we receive mail for the former tenants. One night, the former tenants came to the side door (you have to go through a door next to the garage to the laundry room) and knocked and were asking for mail. I was a bit creeped out by them going through the garage area to knock on that door instead of the front door like any normal person would do. They were looking for a specific piece of mail from their child's school. We told them we give the mail to the landlords and then they left their phone number if we ever got their mail from the school. I don't feel like it's my job to call them every time they get mail here. They should go to the post office and do a change of address for- better yet, they can do in online! (I hope you can understand my frustration). So every once in a while when we're sending our rent check to our landlords, we'll send any accumulated mail for the former tenants. Well, yesterday was a bit of a breaking point. We received their W-2 forms from their employer. I decided it was best to email the landlords to let them know this was going to be coming with the rent check tomorrow (today) and that this needs to be addressed because if their work doesn't know they've moved there could be some bigger problems. Anywho, I got an email back within a couple hours from our landlord. He thought it was kind of amusing and that he would be contacting the previous tenant. I was glad he found humor in it because that is kind of a big deal document (especially because it's tax season). He then said if it was okay that he would stop by tomorrow morning (this morning) and we could leave the mail in the mailbox and he would pick it up. I'm so happy that we have a great response and helpful landlords.
Today is our park days. It was decided which park so I was anxious because it's about a mile away (.9-1 mile away). I had made a goal that if the park that is chosen each week was a mile or less away that I would walk. Boy, was it a great walk. It makes me want to call whoever is in charge of the city sidewalks to make the corners handicap friendly, especially with 2 schools that I walked next to both on the way and back home. Penny loves being in the stroller when we go outside. She's so fascinated by birds and trees and plants in general. I was so happy to get my cardio out of the way for the day because I could put it down for 2 miles and they were 20-25 minutes each. Plus, we decided that we were going to go out for dinner tonight so I need to burn some extra calories :)
Penelope has been walking so much more (as you can tell by the video on the last post). These last 2 days she has been more daring and adventurous- walking more and more on the tile but still a little cautious. Plus, she is a big chatterbox. I'll post a video of her from a few nights ago chatting so you can see what I get to listen to every day. It's so cute. She's mimicking sounds that I say and sometimes you can tell what she means.
Well, I need a nap or lunch or both :) Until tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment