Today was looking like it was going to be one of those days of being in the house if I didn't make a choice. I decided that it was a bit chilly for Penny and I to go for a walk outside but there's a mall that's about 2 miles away that we could walk in for a while. Well, a while turned into an hour and a half! Thankfully, Penny fell asleep during that time and had no problems being moved from the stroller to the car seat to the crib when we got home. She was tired. I weighed myself this morning and I weighed xxx.8 and for fun I thought I'd weigh myself when I got home after this nice long walk in the mall. Well, I weighed in at xxx.4! Amazing! I'm anxious to see how it'll turn out tomorrow. I'm excited to be reaching these small goals that I'm setting for myself. It was so hard at first not to sabotage myself during the day by snacking too much. So the first few pounds were a little harder to drop.
Chris and I have decided that we'll be joining a gym. Not just any gym but an Apple gym for employees and their families. The upside is that it's dirt cheap with some pretty good equipment from what I hear (and you can plug your iPod or iPhone in and it'll upload your calorie burn with the Nike + app). We need to have their "assessment" done which is basically your blood pressure and heart rate I think. The downside to this is they don't have any childcare. I'm going to be asking around tomorrow if there are some moms at Church who want to do some babysitting swaps with me. All I'd really need is 30 mins to an hour a few times a week. I hope it all works out. Plus a friend of mine who is already using the Apple gym said if I find someone to watch Penny that we could do a cycling class together! How fun would that be?!
Penelope is no longer afraid of the grass! It was so funny to watch her run all the way to the edge of the cement patio and stop at the edge where the grass would start. I'm working on getting the video small enough to upload here.
Well, I'll be back soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment