So, Chris and I think that Penny would be ready for a big girl bed. The concern is that she would know how to climb in and out which could be bad. That means she could climb out and wander around the house. It's a hard thing to know when to transition. My mom says she didn't really have an age where she moved kids from crib to bed because it was a matter of another baby had come and so the child needed to not be in the crib anymore.
This week, I am going to be trying to plan meals ahead better than I have since Penelope has come along. Before Penny was here, Chris and I would plan out what we wanted for dinner for the week and I would make a list of what I needed to get from the store. I don't know why he doesn't care anymore. But anyways, we put a list together of eighteen meals that we like and some we'd have more than once a week and then we go out about once a week for dinner. I'm going to go to Costco with a friend to see if shopping there will help the grocery buying and budget. I love spreadsheets so doing this is fun to me. I guess it appeals to the part of me that worked for a while. The meals go from being simple like pasta with spaghetti sauce and hamburger helper to things that take a little more effort like enchiladas, lasagna, or beef stew. I am open to any dinner suggestions for three, even though Penny doesn't eat a lot. I want to make sure dinner include veggies more often. Sometimes we just forget.
Well, I've got to plan dinners for this week by myself (including dinner with missionaries over). Wish me luck!

I would recommend holding out, if possible, till she's at least 2. We mainly switched Brent out of a crib because he could already climb out of the crib, climb on the dining room table, and cuz my surgery where I couldn't lift him up for the 6 weeks. He got used to the flat mattress on the floor pretty quickly. He didn't really have any other choice, besides the stroller. He also always hated the crib since about 3 months old, wouldn't hardly sleep in there--preferred only sleeping when we'd sit with him in the rocking chair & wouldn't hardly do the cry-it-out. It's not much better now. If you switch, you can bet she won't stay in there--a big issue we're having now. Hard to get him to stay in bed unless he's mostly asleep to begin with. We get knocks & cries by our bedroom door, sometimes during the night, sometimes really early in the morning because he's gotten out of bed to come find us.
ReplyDeleteoh, and lucky's may be cheaper than costco
ReplyDeleteMy spreadsheet is going to compare target, luckys, safeway, and costco to see where is the best prices on average. I have a list of things we typically get each week and will write down the lowest and highest price for each item (like noodles can go from $.50 to $2.49) - when it's not on sale. So then I can really see when things are on sale and what the lowest price should be. It's going to be a fun day!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete