Saturday, February 11, 2012

Projects

Penelope is enjoying independence but still likes being played with instead of just playing by herself. Chris opens the side door to the yard and lets her go in and out as she pleases (and trust me, she pleases). It's so cute watching her discover with supervision in the yard. We're still teaching her that chalk is not food though. I'm sure she'll figure that out someday.
The baby shower card was a success although I had to change the "Congratulations" part into all caps because JoAnn's was out of the sticker letters this whole week. Kind of disappointing but they all "ooooo"ed and "ahhhhh"ed at it at the shower (ex. "You made this?"). I wish all the best to this soon to be mom.
I've also been working on a dress since Thursday afternoon. I ordered it online but they only had the next size up and I figured I could do the fixing. Thank goodness I ordered it when I did because now they don't have it in stock at ALL. I had to hem it almost 2 inches (which is saying something because I'm between 5'6" and 5'7"). We decided not to take it in because it flows just fine as is. It's a black maxi dress. Here's the link to what it would ideally look on someone: http://www.lanebryant.com/surplice-maxi-dress/p125000/index.pro
I was bound and determined to have it all done by this Sunday. I don't know why but I'm the type of person that if I get something during the week that I want to wear it that Sunday if at all possible. Sometimes it doesn't always work that way. With many phone calls to my mother and the help of a neighbor/Church member, I was able to get it pinned and learn how to use my sewing machine for the first time ever. It wasn't too bad. But as I said, LOTS of calls to my mother. I may never be as good as she is but by golly I will get what I need to done. I had to ask her what kind of needles, thread, and any other things I may need or need to know. What I found completely amazing is I've had the machine set up on the dining room table since Friday and Penny has not once looked at it, pulled the cord, or messed with it in any way.
We're still in the process of moving the furniture in the living room. We have a fireplace with a ledge on the actual part where the door is for the fireplace that Penny keeps climbing up and she's now taken a little spill on. I can't do it alone. It's not because the couch is heavy, it's just big. I hope it'll be a good change.
Here's a quick picture of Penny watching a video of her cousin on Facebook. He was running on his new bed and she just got a kick out of it:




Enjoy the weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. That smile of Penny's is worth millions!!!!Glad that you and your sewing machine are becoming acquainted! Before you know it, you will be great friends and it will be your "go-to" buddy when you need something done in a hurry!!!Just keep in mind- your mom did not sew until after she had her first baby either!!!!! I'm only a phone call away!

    ReplyDelete