Penelope is doing some pretty funny things lately. An example of that is this photo:
She has been plopping herself on pillows and getting comfortable. But not enough to actually take a nap. Penny is changing up her schedule as well. She is taking a later nap in the morning. She would usually wake up around 6 or 7am and by 9ish she would be ready for her first nap. Now, it's later (11/1130am). This is then resulting in later afternoon naps as well. She would typically go down for her afternoon nap around 2 or 3pm. Now, she's going down around 4pm. I think she's trying to cut out her third nap for good that would happen around 5pm before I go to get Chris from work. I'm hoping I can readjust to her napping so I can get back to my workout routine during the day.
As a preparation for the 5K this July, Chris and I have started taking walks in the evening. It's only .6 miles but we walk fast I guess. We can do it in about 11 minutes. Of course that includes talking and pushing a stroller with Penny in it. I did the math on it and it averages out to 3.2 mph that we're walking this in. I figure that's a great pace and a great starting point. If anyone knows of a GPS type app that calculates how far we walk and our speed for the overall walk that would be useful. We've heard of the Nike + GPS but I've also read some discouraging reviews on it as well (lower battery life and not recording over all speed).
I've started planning our meals this week to make life a little easier. Tonight is going to be taco/burrito night. Ground beef was on a MAJOR sale yesterday and I picked up some taco seasonings. Then, I got some home grown lettuce from a friend for lending her a movie. We have spinach tortillas for the burritos. I think it should be great fun tonight. I'm still working on the math to see if it'd be worth it to get a Costco membership. There were some things that looked like it could be a better deal but I'm still crunching the numbers.
We finally rearranged our living room furniture!! That also means we've pulled out our projector so we can watch movies on the wall again! We need to find some kind of shelving to go on the table so that it's away from Penny more (she's SO like her dad: into electronic things) and so we'd have a place for the blue ray player. I think an IKEA trip is on the horizon (or at least their website).
Another exciting thing is that I am starting to fit into pre-pregnancy jeans that have been mocking me in the closet. I still need to work on the muffin top (but I'm sure everyone feels that way one time or another). I feel like things are getting back on track (except for the naps).
I am finishing another book for our book club called "A Girl Named Zippy". Again, like the last book, I am listening to it instead of actually reading it. So far, it's a pretty good book. The same kind of feel as "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" as far as it's telling the story of a child growing up. I'm enjoying it. I will let you know how it goes once I'm finished with it.
I'm enjoying my new maxi dress so much that I think I'm going to get one from Target.com (they have more colors). I'm going to buy 2 different sizes as a just in case so I know what size to get after that.
So many good things happening!
Congratulations!!! We are so proud of you and all of your successes!!! Keep up the great work! And of course, as always, Penny is adorable!!
ReplyDelete