Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Picture Says 1,000 Words.


I think this picture says it all. I decided today that I was going to get some tiny rubber bands for Penny's hair because I know it's long enough for a pigtail. I was struggling to figure out how to get her to sit still so I could pull her hair back and get it in the rubber band. Well, Elmo is the answer. I got this fun little app recommended by my sister of Elmo "calling" on the iPod. It was enough of a distraction for me to do her hair! I was SO happy. I knew I needed to take a picture so I didn't know how to get her to look up from the iPod. The answer: ducky. She LOVES her rubber ducky so all I had to do was say "Where's the ducky" and she looked up. No smile but she hasn't taken her hair down at least. I think if I show her the picture she might re-think what just happened to her.

Today, Penelope turns 14 months. So much has happened in those 14 months- going from a "failure to thrive" within weeks of being born to eating and drinking everything in sight is delightful. We just got her a swing for the backyard (the home we're renting already had a jungle gym type thing up with extra hooks for things to add on if desired). She loves her swing. The draw back is she doesn't want to cross the threshold between the patio and the grass. It's kind of funny to watch. She'll go to the edge and then hold her hands out and go "uh-uh". Penny can almost take our hands and walk from one to the other but it's taken a while to convince her it's safe.

Well, it's getting late. I'll try to post a video of her going from in the house to the yard next time :)

2 comments:

  1. hey, she could be pebbles from flintstones for halloween! and brent loves elmo too! sometimes i have to tell him elmo goes "night-night" when i get tired of it. ;p btw, cute pic of her in the previous post of her cuddling to the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! It's amazing how much easier it is to get photos of your kids these days than it was when you were growing up!! No more checking to see if we have film (that isn't expired) or flashbulbs!!! You live in a remarkable time!!!

    ReplyDelete