Friday, February 3, 2012

Unpredictable

Life is always going to be unpredictable. There will sometimes be constants but something can always change it. Last night, I got to handle 7 10yr old girls for Activity Days. My other leader was out of town. It was the first time I've ever melted chocolate for molds. I think it went well. It was just crazy with so many of them and only one of me.

Penelope was having a rough day yesterday. When teeth are about to erupt, she usually will get a diaper rash. It comes and goes in a few days. Well, this one was sticking around. She had been wetting her clothes over night and yesterday she went through 4 outfits. When she gets a diaper rash, we try to give her liquids more because her mouth usually hurts for a little while. Back to yesterday. I had asked Chris if I could get him early from work because she had only taken 1 nap that was 1 hour long. Chris said we could get him half an hour earlier. Well, as we drove over there Penelope fell asleep. Stinker! She had been wiggling her bum on the ground a lot more than usual. Chris said during the evening, she was still a bit incorigable. He took her outside to enjoy nature. He gave her a bath, which seemed to clam her down. (It was a 45 minute bath). She finally went down at 845pm and I got home at 9pm. We talked for a while and then decided we were both tired and went to bed around 10pm. Penny decided that 2 hours was enough time for us to sleep... It's hard when you want to fix the baby's problem but they don't want a bottle, changing them is hard because she wanted to itch. In the end, she just wanted to be held and not go to bed. We talked about it and decided that it wasn't Emergency Room worth and Urgent Care is opens just an hour before the doctors office. We kind of narrowed it down to what it could be: a UTI or a yeast infection. Chris and I took turns but in the end I told him he should get some sleep because he had to go to work in the morning and if Penny would take a nap during the day I could catch one too. She finally fell asleep in my arms watching Tangled by 4am. I went back to bed and woke up to Penny at 745ish. She was making happy noises so I stayed in bed until 8. Chris was already up and showering for work. Penelope was pretty happy except when we changed her diaper. By the time we headed out the door to take Chris to work it was 845am. I called the doctors office at 9am and told them what was going on. They are so sweet when I call. I say who I am and who I'm calling about. They ask "How are you". It had been such a long night that I said "Not good". I then told them what was going on and what we thought it could be. She then said there was an 11:15am opening. Thankfully, that's during Chris' lunch so he was able to make the appointment too. So, I love when I'm right. It's a yeast infection. A quick little prescription cream and she should be as good as new by Monday. The doctor recommended that if we could to let her run around without a diaper on to air it out as well as using the prescription 4 times a day. Chris thinks we should let her run around with no diaper off in the back yard so nothing happens on the carpet or tile... I am so grateful that we have a great doctor and that this wasn't a UTI because that could have been bad.

So, working on so little sleep today hasn't been the best but we're home and she's happier and walking around. It has been a long 24 hours. I hope things are looking up. I'm glad a mother's instincts can be right.

Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you also glad that your weather outside isn't rainy or snowy????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete