Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crazy life

I'm sure we all feel like we have a crazy like once in a while.  And some days are better than others. This morning has been one of those days (and I guess my sister is going to have one of those days). Penny has been doing pretty well on sleeping until 630/7am. But today she wanted to have fun. She was up and going by 5am. I found out a big part of it was she was in need of a MAJOR diaper change. But then she felt like it was play time. Thankfully she went down on the way to take Chris to work. I hope this nap will be a nice long nap.
As you saw in my post yesterday, I have finished a scrapbook for my 4 year anniversary. We've had our engagement photos and wedding photos on CDs just waiting to have something done. Now that we're not moving and there was a PHENOMENAL sale (50% off) I felt like I needed to do this. I hope you all enjoy looking through our memories of our special time. It's going to be a 12x12 book. I've only done 8x8 and 8x12 books before so I'm very interested in how this turns out.
I'm going to be going to 2 baby showers in the next 2 weeks. I'm excited for them both (They're both due in March). It's kind of fun remembering what it was like having a brand new baby. Penelope seems like she's not a baby anymore. She's very independent and is more vocal about her likes and dislikes.
I took Penelope to the library yesterday and they have a pretty big aquarium. She watched those fish and pointed and babbled. When it was time for us to move to a different area, she started crying (one of those cries where you look at the mother and think "get your child under control; we're in a library") so I quickly turned back. We watched those fish for a good 20 minutes. I was finally able to trick her into letting me go to the movie section and then we left. We're thinking of taking her to an aquarium sometime. I think she'd LOVE it.
Today, a friend posted on Facebook about a 5k she was thinking of running and wondered if anyone was interested. It looks like so much fun. Plus you get splashed with paint at each kilometer. I'm pretty interested. I feel like it would be more motivation for me to get out with Penny as often as I can. It's not until the end of July so I have time to work on my speed (although it's not a timed race). Just writing about it I'm getting excited. As a friend of mine would tell me "Think of all those endorphins"! Who couldn't use some natural happiness? Now I can't wait for Penny to wake up and eat so we can go out today!!! How crazy is that?
Until tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about the app. For the # of calories it's recommending me, it's a little eye-opening today. Unless I switch out snacks, I'll be down to one snack per day.

    ReplyDelete